Restoration of a Recorded Monument into a family home Dating from 1747, the building is a Recorded Monument and a Protected Structure having started life as a Charter School before becoming the home of Charles Bianconi the famous Italo-Irish entrepreneur.The building had dry and wet rot throughout, a failing original barrel vault and poorly detailed late additions all of which had accelerated the overall deterioration of the historic fabric. The works included pairing back ill-conceived and failing recent additions while reorganising the plan and installing new services to accommodate current living requirements. The living accommodation was placed onto the ‘piano nobile’ to avail of the dual aspect and generous ceiling heights whilst all existing historic fabric was repaired to conservation best practice. A contemporary steel balcony and internal staircase was sensitively inserted as part of the overall design. While the circulation throughout the building is utilised as a personal picture gallery.